lørdag 26. april 2014

LA/AH-016 Holterkollen

Earlier today I visited Holterkollen. Since WWII a lots of cabins have been built in this area. One of the cabins is in fact only 40-50 meters from the summit. Due to all the cabins, a good forest road exists all the way up to the summit (well, except for the last 75-100 meters or so). However, the road is closed for public traffic. Thus, one has to go from a small parking lot near the start of the forest road. The parking is around 260 meter below and 2.5 km away from the summit.

Also today I used my FT-817 and the MP-1 antenna.

I started the activation on 20 meter. The conditions were quite OK, and 22 QSOs were achieved. I then QSYed to 12 meter (which was closed), then to 15 meters (which was open, but with no replies), and then to 30 meter. On 30 meter 10 stations were worked. Afterwards, I made some CQs on 40 meter, which resulted in two QSOs. Finally, I had a nice QSO with LA4PGA on 2 meter. It's not very often I achieve any QSOs on that band!!

On my way back to the car, I met LA1GPA, who was on his way to the summit. This was in fact my first SOTA eye-ball QSO!

DXCCs: CT, DL, EA, EU, F, G, GW, HB9, I, LA, OK, OM, ON, OZ, SP.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar