tirsdag 25. juli 2017

LA/RL-076 Eidlandsfjellet



I had the opportunity to activate a summit during our vacation in the Sandnes area. I chose Eidlandsfjellet (also called Edlandsfjellet or Nonsfjellet) for (at least) two reasons; it is easy accessible, and I hadn’t been there

I parked at N 58.75600, E 5.863179 at an excellent parking place. From the parking, it was just to jump over a fence (which was easy), and follow an unmarked trail to the summit. It was an easy walk in beautiful surroundings.

It was no problem to erect my linked dipole at the summit. I started at 20 meter SSB, and had planned to operate on 30 and 40 meter as well. Everything started fine. After I had worked all chasers on SSB, and QSYed to 20 meter CW. Then the problems started a few minutes later. A thunderstorm was in progress, and suddenly, the QRN was severe; S8 – S9+20. It was simply impossible to hear anything but QRN. The conditions were exactly the same on 30 and 40. Thus, I had to go QRT. I did so, and when I started to descend, it started to rain.

20 QSOs with 11 DXCCs came in the log.

DXCCs: DL, EA, F, G, HB9, I, OE, S5, UA, YO.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar