mandag 30. september 2013

LB/OL-001 Storhaugen

A few days ago, I became aware of the German Award Program (GMA). The rules are simple: Every summit above 100 meter which is named on a map can be included. No prominence has to be fulfilled. Thus, it is very “green” (i.e. environmental friendly) and family friendly. The family can e.g. walk to a nearby summit, drink the afternoon coffee, then the HAM can start the activation and the rest of the family return home (or to a cabin). That’s exactly the situation at our cabin. If I’m going to do a SOTA-activation, I either have to go alone, or the family has to wait (which is pretty boring for them…).

Thus, I sent an email to Mario DL4MFM, and he made it possible to include Norwegian summits in the GMA-database. I then included Storhaugen in JP41XK (its prominence is around 50 meter), which is in walking distance from our cabin.

On September 29 I activated LB/OL-001 for the first time. I used my HB-1B and a linked dipole. The QSO with OE5AUL was the first GMA-QSO from LA. I managed the required 4 QSOs before the dark came, and I had to return.

DXCCs: DL, OE, UA.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar